Friday, August 12, 2011

stay by deb caletti






title: stay
author: deb caletti
book birthday: april 5, 2011
rating: 4.5 stars


so, i read stay by deb caletti a few weeks ago and i still cannot get over how much caletti nailed an emotionally abusive relationship. i was in one myself n what the protagonist felt is exactly how i felt and still feel. i still have the fear of seeing him again or hearing from him n though i dont let that fear control my life, it is still in the back of my mind, in little things like a memory. it is the second book i've read by caletti, the first was the nature of jade. i attempted to read honey, baby, sweetheart but it was just boring to me. normally when it comes to certain realistic fiction i have to relate to the character on a certain level or be fully invested in the character's story in order for me to complete the novel. i think stay is one i am definitely buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment