Tuesday, December 27, 2011

my top memorable books of 2011

the broke and the bookish TTT: my top ten books of 2011.

1. the hunger games by suzanne collins- i think this has made everyone's list today lol

2. the night circus by erin morgenstern- this is the only book i was anticipating n really couldnt wait for the release date to get my hands on it. im so glad i did.

3. nyx by joe quesada- i am obsessed with the character x-23. she is my new favorite kick butt heroine.

4. water for elephants by sara gruen- i read this so i could see the movie and i never saw the movie. the book was great though.

5. the virgin suicides by jeffrey eugenides- it left me like this: O_O... :'(

6. the lover's dictionary by david levithan- this was such a fun read. there is nothing else to say. it is so unique, i've never read anything like it.

7. story of a girl by sara zarr- my professor recommended that my class read this one to see how sara zarr's writing is so real.

8. never let me go by kazuo ishiguro- this was so beautiful. i havent seen the movie yet, but the book was very good. i want to read the remains of the day by ishiguro next year.

9. will grayson, will grayson by john green and david levithan- i had to read this one for school in may. it was so unusual with memorable characters. definitely one to look at for craft.

10. dash and lily's book of dares by rachel cohn and david levithan- i just finished this one recently. i didnt care much for the ending, but i loved it none the less.

2 comments:

  1. Great top ten! I just read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares too. It was a fun read for Christmas time. And a great one for readers and writers a like!


    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

    Check out my Top ten.

    Plus my top two favorite books giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Night Circus so freaking much! :D

    I really need to get around reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

    ReplyDelete