top ten tuesday again!!! hosted by the broke and the bookish. today is top ten books to read in one day. so basically i'm listing books i read in a day that i stayed up reading by flashlight and gave death stares to people when they interrupted me.
1. catching fire by suzanne collins- might as well get the obvious out of the way. i read this whole series in 5 days. it kept me on the edge of my seat, i was freaking out during mockingjay. but right now i cannot stand the hungergames table at work. its driving me nuts! i have to keep refilling it when it gets even a little bit low >.<
2. shiver by maggie steifvater- i think this book is a must read for anyone who reads paranormal romance. i have mentioned it on my TTT before, it is just that good.
3. cinder by marissa meyer- I WANT MORE!!! i cant wait for the sequel to come out. my suggestion is to wait until closer to the sequel's release date to read this one cuz waiting for it is painful.
4. where she went by gayle forman- i wasnt so excited by if i stay. it was one of the most frustrating books i have ever read. HOWEVER reading where she went made if i stay make sense. together they are a perfect harmony. BUT i do love where she went more. i think the voice of the protagonist is beautiful.
5. city of ashes by cassandra clare- *sigh* what can i say? i was avoiding the mortal instruments series because of all the hype about them but my coworkers convinced me to just read the first three and i am and i am hooked.
6. city of glass by cassandra clare- ok so i havent read it yet, but i will and it will be one i try to read in a day ^_^
7. the dragon heir by cinda williams chima- i absolutely love this series. i was not too keen on the teen fantasy genre until i read the heir series. the dragon heir is the last book in the trilogy and i definitely stayed up reading by flashlight to finish it.
8. itazura na kiss by kaoru tada- i adore this series. i love the romance, i love that the manga follows the main characters from high school through college and marriage. it makes them so much more real.
9. stay by deb caletti- i have my issues with this book, such a love/hate relationship. it did help me get through the worst break up ever because i saw that if i stayed with my ex what the relationship could have escalated to. the footnotes in the book reallllyyy bug me though -__-
10. thirteen reasons why by jay asher- at first i thought i stayed up reading this because i wanted to just know why. but then i got caught up in the narration ^_^ it is such a beautiful book.