Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
TTT again hosted by the broke and the bookish. personally i prefer the lake, river or pool over the beach. but in any case, here are my recommendations.
1. stay by deb caletti - it takes place by the beach, its an intense summer read.
2. story of a girl by sarah zarr - this was a good summer read too. it takes place during the summer, it was a good read to take on vacation.
3. water for elephants by sarah gruen - this one was good for a week away. the story was beautiful.
4. crazy beautiful by by lauren baratz-logsted - nothing to do with the beach or anything, it was just a great twist on beauty and the beast, small enough to fit in a carry-on.
5. sisterhood of the traveling pants series - i havent exactly finished all of these yet and now i discovered there is a 5th book about the sisterhood as adults >_< as a collective whole so far, these books make a great vacation read. dont rely on what you've seen in the movies.
6. howl's moving castle by diane wynne jones - i. love. this. book.
7. peter and the starcatchers by dave barry and ridley pearson - a great prequel to peter pan for a peter pan obsessed freak like me.
8. the nature of jade by deb caletti - another good summer read. it doesnt take place in the summer but it was still a smooth story.
9. son of the mob by gordon korman - cute, funny, adorable twist on romeo and juliet.
10. any of neil gaiman's anthologies because the short stories are wonderful to read by the pool, beach, in bed or whatever.
11. blood and chocolate by annette curtis klause - i had to throw in an extra. this also takes place during the summer and is good for all the paranormal romance lovers out there.