TTT again hosted by the broke and bookish. today is Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.). here is my list:
1. Jane Austen- i want to ask her personally how it was to be a full-time female writer in her time.
2. Neil Gaiman- who wouldnt want to meet neil gaiman???
3. the teen buyer for b&n- i want to meet this guy to ask him why he keeps putting the same books over and over on the "teen tough stuff" and other displays when there is so much variety out there.
4. susane colasanti- i almost met her once at one of the teen author festivals. i also have her as a friend on facebook ^_^ she seems like a great person to know, very down to earth and all that.
5. jackson pearce- i want to ask her why oh why the cover for sweetly was changed from what it was on the hardcover and why it now looks like so many other teen novels :/
6. marrissa meyer- i want to meet the genius that wrote cinder. that was the first book in so long that had me upset that i didnt have the sequel to grab next.
7. the writers of the broke and the bookish, the story siren and the fantasy book critic- because i love reading your blogs.
8. david levithan- another author i almost met at one of the teen author festivals. i want to talk to him about what it was like to write something like will grayson, will grayson for teens but then write the lover's dictionary for adults.
9. junot diaz- admittedly i have met him once before but i would love to meet him again to ask him about his new book of short stories. honestly i did like drown more than oscar wao.
10. holly black- because i loved loved loved tithe and i absolutely adore her short stories. i would really like to meet authors who have made it in the literary world writing short stories.