Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit



TTT again hosted by the broke and the bookish. Today is: Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit. I don't do halloween, but here are some titles that give me the creeps or fit into the halloween theme.

1. blood and chocolate by annette curtis klause - hot werewolves in summertime, power struggle, teen hormones and a killer on the loose.

2. coraline by neil gaiman- a doorway to an alternate world where the other mother is waiting to make your world a better place but only at a price. the book gave me nightmares >_<

3. rot and ruin by jonathan maberry- zombies zombies zombies. i cannot stand zombies so any zombie book is a halloween creepy book to me.

4. anna dressed in blood by kendare blake- if the name of the book doesnt scream halloween to you then idk what will.

5. forest of hands and teeth by carrie ryan- it wasnt so much the zombies in this book that creeped me out, though i still cant stand zombies >_< in the beginning of the book it was more the sisterhood that gave me the shivers than the zombies.

6. sisters red by jackson pearce- two sister werewolf hunters who wont stop til the last one is dead. so kick butt awesomeness!

7. tithe by holly black- dark faerie court where nothing is what is seems. still one of my favorites. i think its a great halloween pick.

8. white crow by marcus sedwick- two girls and a priest in a small town alternate telling this story. definitely for all those horror lovers out there.

9. the blessed by tonya hurley- just reading the book jacket of this one at work gave me the chills. twisted martyrs in a distorted version of new york city. the opening takes place on halloween which is creepy to begin with. im kinda scared to read this one because of all the dark religious stuff. i cant handle it :[

10. practical magic by alice hoffman- witches and curses. can't have halloween without witches and curses.

some other classics:

the legend of sleepy hallow by washington irving
brothers grimm fairy tales
interview with a vampire by anne rice 
short stories by edgar allan poe



10 comments:

  1. Loved Coraline and Practical Magic. Nice and interesting list. Im a new follower feel free to come by and check out my list...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesdayhalloween-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Practical Magic, but I did watched the movie. & loved it. Amazing. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rot & Ruin and Anna Dressed in Blood are awesomesauce - they are the only ones I've read from your list, but a few of the others are ones I want to read too. Nice list.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like Grimm's Fairy Tales, and I'm excited that Philip Pullman has just published his take on them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really a scary-book girl, but I've always thought Practical Magic would be my kind of story. Why have I gone this long in my reading life and missed Alice Hoffman?!

    Here's my Ten Ten Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit. I hope you'll stop in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. practical magic is a good one to start with especially now with the season. alice hoffman's YA books are great too- my favorite is green angel.

      Delete
  6. we have a lot of the same picks, I really want to read Coraline.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Forest of Hands and Teeth made it on mine as well and I see a couple others here that I now want to read so thanks :)
    My TTT:http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-get-me-in-mooood.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth and I'm a big Blood and Chocolate fan. Adding some others to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! i'm not alone in the world ^_^ i feel like so many ppl have forgotten about blood and chocolate. it is probably the first paranormal book i ever read and it's still one of my favorites.

      Delete