Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up or Buy A Book



TTT again hosted by the broke and the bookish. Today is Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up or Buy A Book. I couldn't think of enough words, so I'm focusing more on topics.

1. ASIAN CULTURE
i have an obsession with asian culture, mostly oriental. but ever since i read the interpreter of maladies i have been picking up some fiction about indian culture.

2. SISTERS
this is a topic and a word that will make me pick up a book. i am so interested in hearing different sister stories whether it is sisterhood or family members. i think it is because i have a sister 4 years younger than me but we grew up almost like twins.

3. NEW ADULT FICTION
i'm addicted to ya fiction. i do read grown up fiction, but i like reading new adult fiction. books about people in college/early 20s probably because i fall into that category. but as my boss at work says, i'm going to be a married lady soon so i have to start reading more grown up books >_<

4. ENCHANTED KINGDOMS
any book about a far away kingdom where some magic and mystery happens is one that i will pick up.

5. FAIRYTALE RETELLING
i am enchanted by a retelling of a fairytale or a folktale. i will pick up and read it in an instant.

6. MULTIPLE POV
idk if this is considered a topic, but i love books that are written from multiple points of view (pov). i really like ya written from the guy's perspective and the girl's perspective to hear both sides of the story.

7. WEREWOLVES
i will absolutely pick up a book about werewolves and read the blurb. i blame it on blood and chocolate >_<

8. MALE POV
i am intrigued by books from the male perspective. they don't gush over a girl the way girls gush over a guy. it is refreshing to read.

9. ANTHOLOGIES
i absolutely adore short stories. i think they are so difficult to write and so fun to read.

10. FLOWERS
this is more of a word thing than a topic. if "flower" is in the title i will pick it up and read the blurb, if there is a flower on the cover i will pick it up too. 

3 comments:

  1. I have sisters and re-tellings on my list, too. I love them both. I also like multiple viewpoints and kingdoms. Great list! Your blog is adorable. New follower via GFC. I'd love to have you follow back.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I agree with quite a few of these (some made it onto my list, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I thought about including Sisters on mine too - I almost always enjoy stories about sisters. I like multiple POV too (if done right) - it's so interesting to see what the other characters are thinking. When I read Beautiful Creatures, I had no idea the POV was from a guy and I was pleasantly surprised! It was so refreshing to read from a male POV.

    ReplyDelete