Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Characters That I'd Name My Children After


TTT hosted by the broke and the bookish. Today is a TTT freebie so I decided to do: Ten Characters That I'd Name My Children After in honor of my cousin Emanuel and his wife Desiree who are having a dispute over what to name their baby girl. He likes the sound of "Emma" and she likes "Saya" after a kick butt heroine from the anime Blood +.
Anyway, here are the names of characters I'd name my children after. Let's see if my fiance agrees ^_^

1. Mei (girl) - a character from the 1988 film My Neighbor Totoro and a character from the manga/anime series Love Hina. I would like to name my first daughter Mei mostly because the character Mei in Totoro reminds me of my sister when we were kids soooo much.

2. Jace (boy) - from The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. I picked this one mostly because my fiance likes the name Jason. I would like Jason if I can call my son "Jace" instead of Jay ^_^

3. Gabry (girl) - short for Gabrielle from Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan. I have always loved the name Gabrielle but mostly for characters in my short stories. I'm considering it now after reading Dead Tossed Waves because I like the nickname Gabry.

4. Eloise (girl) - I love this name. I would teach my daughter to say "I'm Eloise, I am six" just like the character in Kay Thompson's series ^_^

5. Naoki (boy) - from Itazura Na Kiss by Kaoru Tada. He is handsome, smart, sarcastic, strong sense of family. (I think my fiance acts like him sometimes >_>). Anyway, it isn't at the top of my list but it is one I'd consider before others.

6. Kenji (boy) - ok. I will admit the first time a heard this name was a guy in high school I had a couple classes with. But I became more familiar with the name after watching a few episodes of the anime School Rumble and reading about the manga Rurouni Kenshin (which I keep saying I will start but I haven't gotten to it yet >_<).

7. Nymah Rose (girl) - from East by Edith Pattou. I think this is such a pretty name. It has a nice flow to it. East is one of my most favorite books of all time so I think I would pitch this one to my fiance if we ever were to have a girl.

8. Katsa (girl) - from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Ok, so I know this one may not be a realistic choice for me for a girl. But I think if my cousin could want the name of a twisted heroine, then I could consider a skillful assassin.

And that's all I can think of for now. It was really hard thinking of names >_<. I think it's time to reread a few books.

**UPDATE**
My cousins compromised and named their baby girl Saya Emma.

**UPDATE 07/13/2015**
My husband and I had a baby boy! The husband's choice: Jayse  ^_^

1 comment:

  1. I love the topic you chose for this week.
    I agree that being able to call my kid Jace instead of Jay would be great because I know so many guys with J names that just go by Jay. :)
    Stacy Renee @ LazyDayLiterature

    ReplyDelete