TTT again hosted by the broke and the bookish. Today's topic is: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects. this is a topic i can go on and on about. i decided to pick a few that probably won't be on everyone's lists today to bring some attention to them and the important issues they deal with.
2. stay by Deb Caletti- I have a love/hate relationship with this book. Right now I will show the loving side and say how much I admire Caletti for writing this and bringing awareness to abusive relationships because I was in an abusive relationship very similar to the one in the book.
3. the nature of jade by Deb Caletti- Jade suffers from panic disorder. Sebastian is a teen dad raising his son alone and living with his grandmother.
4. something like normal by Trish Doller- Travis returns from Afghanistan to find his brother took his girlfriend and his parents are getting a divorce. On top of it all, he is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and is having nightmares about the death of his best friend in the war.
5. story of a girl by Sara Zarr- caught having sex at age 13 by her father and labeled a 'slut' at school. Her brother becomes a teen dad raising his baby on his own.
6. the time traveler's wife by Audrey Niffenegger- I picked this one because of the miscarriages Clare has. It took me so long to get through this book and majority of my time reading it was spent trying to get through that part of it.
7. p.s. i love you by Cecelia Ahern- losing the love of your life and best friend and finding the strength to move on. Idk how I'd handle it if I lost my fiance, so this one is a biggie for me.
8. the story sisters by Alice Hoffman- abuse, mental issues, drugs, sisters/family.... very intense read
9. where she went by Gayle Forman- depression, anger, love and loss
10. crazy beautiful by lauren baratz-logsted- amputation from an explosion he caused so he has hooks for hands, depression, accepting the fact that someone accepts you for you.