Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Top Ten Books that Feature Travel in Some Way



TTT again hosted by the broke and the bookish. Today is: Top Ten Books that Feature Travel in Some Way. This one was a little harder for me. I had to really sit and think, stare at my book shelves and go through my library history to see what books I've read that have to deal with traveling in the real world. Here is what I came up with.

1. sisterhood everlasting by ann brashares- the girls from the traveling pants series reunite ten years later in greece. stuff happens (i won't say, it's some major events) and the girls travel on their own, have their personal adventures and eventually come together in the end.

2. two way street by lauren barnholdt- road trip to college with the ex.

3. return to paradise by simone elkeles- caleb and maggie return in this sequel to leaving paradise. they travel around the country with a group talking about how car accidents can change lives forever.

4. the statistical probability of love at first sight by jennifer e. smith- hadley travels to london for her father's wedding and meets a boy on the plane.

5. anna and the french kiss by stephanie perkins- anna is sent to boarding school in france.

6. dash and lily's book of dares by rachel cohn and david levithan- they travel around new york city. does that count?


some in the fantasy genre that feature travel:

1. graceling by kristin cashore- katsa and po travel to find answers

2. east by edith pattou- rose travels to find the isbjorn in the troll kingdom

3. forest of hands and teeth by carrie ryan- mary with her friends run through the forest of hands and teeth from the unconsecrated towards the ocean

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sisterhood everlasting is one that I must get to. I've only read the first book,but I'm working my way through.

    ReplyDelete