Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Wanderlove



title: Wanderlove
author: Kristen Hubbard
book birthday:  March 13th 2012
rating: 3.5 stars

*contains spoilers*

 First, I absolutely adore the illustrations and the fact that Bria is an artist. I completely understand giving up art because of an incident or memory BUT not showing it to anyone and freaking out over people looking at it was kind of weird. I lost the connection with her there because she was drawing all the time and growing and then she cried over someone looking at it and then got drunk on the beach and was DRAWING everywhere... idk. It was just weird. OH! and I thought the whole not swimming because she lost her virginity to her ex on the beach was annoying too.

That being said, something about the book was lackluster for me. I am still struggling to figure out what it is. I think it was Bria's rants. It came off as whining a lot, like a lot-a lot. While her characters go places, Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if it were split perspective between Rowan and Bria or third person narration.

So after all of that ranting, I did like the book. I liked the characters, the back story of each minor character especially Rowan and Starling. They were much more interesting than Bria. I did like some of the epigraphs at the beginning of each division in the book as well as the drawings. I might get it for my shelf because of that... big might. I understand why people enjoy this book, but it does not live up to the hype for me the way Anna and the French Kiss did.

No comments:

Post a Comment