TTT again hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today is: Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me NOT Pick Up A Book
1. Weddings- I am suffering planning mine and I certainly do not want to read about anyone else's.
2. Time travel- I can't get into it. I've really tried but it's hard :/ of course there are exceptions (the Time Traveler's Wife) but it's very rare for me.
3. High school drama- I think this one I just outgrew, but I was never into the tween/teen high drama realistic fiction stories.
4. Motherhood- I'm not ready for that stage of my life, so fiction about being a mom is hard for me to get into.
5. Scary stories/horror- I'm warming up to this topic. I was very much against it before, but if a book intrigues me enough, I'll try reading it once. I'll just stop when I feel like I will give me nightmares >_<
6. Beach- OMGSH books about the beach or take place on the beach. Nicholas Sparks, tween/teen summer romances .... I just can't.
7. Aliens/paranormal activity- I just don't care for it at all. I am not interested, I always find the topic boring or poorly written.
8. Books in free verse or poetry format- I have a hard time with these books. I have trouble following them. It's hard for me to get what's going on.
9. Book (blank) in a series- I know some people who can get a book from a series and start from book three instead of book one. I am definitely not one of those people.
10. Vampires- I blame Twilight and Anita Blake.