Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me NOT Pick Up A Book


 TTT again hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today is: Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me NOT Pick Up A Book

1. Weddings- I am suffering planning mine and I certainly do not want to read about anyone else's. 

2. Time travel- I can't get into it. I've really tried but it's hard :/ of course there are exceptions (the Time Traveler's Wife) but it's very rare for me. 

3. High school drama- I think this one I just outgrew, but I was never into the tween/teen high drama realistic fiction stories. 

4. Motherhood- I'm not ready for that stage of my life, so  fiction about being a mom is hard for me to get into.

5. Scary stories/horror- I'm warming up to this topic. I was very much against it before, but if a book intrigues me enough, I'll try reading it once. I'll just stop when I feel like I will give me nightmares >_<

6. Beach- OMGSH books about the beach or take place on the beach. Nicholas Sparks, tween/teen summer romances .... I just can't. 

7. Aliens/paranormal activity- I just don't care for it at all. I am not interested, I always find the topic boring or poorly written. 

8. Books in free verse or poetry format- I have a hard time with these books. I have trouble following them. It's hard for me to get what's going on.

9. Book (blank) in a series- I know some people who can get a book from a series and start from book three instead of book one. I am definitely not one of those people.

10. Vampires- I blame Twilight and Anita Blake. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of books in verse either. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It drives me NUTS when people read series books out of order. How do you even know what's going on?

    I'm also a reader that avoids time travel. Either it's really boring or it just doesn't make sense to me.

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't really seem to help when you try to read about other people who have the same problems you have (i.e., weddings). Just increases your suffering.

    Here's my Top Ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, yeah, I'll definitely not read books on motherhood. It's just not my thing. :l
    Great list! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete