Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Small Business Saturday


So, I am wayyyy behind on my TBR (to be read) list so this Thanksgiving weekend and into the start of the Christmas season (which to me is after turkey day through to three kings day) I will be doing a lot of catching up.

Despite all the business of putting in report card grades and running from one fabulous family dinner to the next, I definitely want to check this out.

Small Business Saturday is the day small businesses are celebrated and it is a movement to help support local merchants. Here is the link to sign up: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/

What attracted me to this special day is books (of course it had to be) mostly because I found out some wonderful authors are volunteering at indie bookstores on Small Business Saturday ^_^ Who wouldn't go see their favorite author AND buy books?! oh AND the great Laurie Halse Anderson will be volunteering in upstate New York!

Here is the site to see which authors will be guest-bookselling at your local, independent bookstore on Small Business Saturday, November 30.
http://www.indiebound.org/indies-first-states

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment