Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review: Urban Babies Wear Black

title: urban babies wear black
author: michelle sinclair colman
illustrator: nathalie dion
book birthday: oct. 1, 2005
rating: 5 stars

This is a picture book in a series of other baby books such as Foodie Babies Wear Bibs which I will totally buy for a friend of mine when she is pregnant because she is such a foodie.

Anyway, I absolutely adore this book. Maybe it's because I am a new york city mom. Everything in this book I look forward to doing with my little love when the weather gets warmer. Museum trips, jogging in the park, mommy and me exercise classes, all of it. I have read other reviews saying that the book is a bit pretentious, and I can see how that may be true for some people. The thing is to not take it seriously because it's basically a parody of city life. Urban Babies Wear Black is more for the mom than it is for the baby. What I have been doing is telling Baby Jay all the places we will go to when the weather gets warmer and all of the adventures he'll go on like the baby in the book. I just hope he doesn't pull a baby's day out on me and try to visit the places himself >_< lol

No comments:

Post a Comment