Captivated Reader. I haven't had the time to truly thank her and accept the nomination so here goes.
It is such an honor to be recognized by the blogging community.
So here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your
blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the Blogger Recognition Award
to and let each blogger know you've nominated them for this award.
How my blog got started:
I started my blog when I got a job at Barnes and Nobles Fifth Avenue in 2011. I started there as a cashier and then was moved to the Children's section. While the 30% discount was the best thing ever, I loved the fact that the store let employees borrow hard cover books like library books. I was reading so much and had so many opinions that I needed an outlet for my thoughts. I am a huge "rocker chick" and while listening to the song "Unopened Letter to the World" by the Ataris, I thought that a blog would be the best way to express myself and leave an impression in the world somehow. Thus, my blog was born ^_^
Advice for new bloggers:
Choose a topic that you love and it will be easy to write about.
Keep it easy and fun and don't worry about getting followers right away.
Make sure you are reading other blogs and seeing what's out there.
Share ideas and inspirations
Be honest in your reviews and don't lose your personality.
My Nominees: (I am having trouble getting 15 so here are my 10 for now)
1. Sandee http://awhimsicalreader.blogspot.com/
2. Erika http://erikabooksandstars.blogspot.com/
3. Tricia http://libraryqueue.blogspot.com/
4. Hannah, Cassie and Laura http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.com
5. Cody http://literary-lyobsessed.blogspot.com
6. Maureen http://diariesofabooklover.blogspot.com/
7. Rachel http://www.beautyandthebookshelf.com/
8. Steph http://iamsimplyabookdrunkard.blogspot.com/
9. Ms. Yingling http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com/
10. The Book Zone http://bookzone4boys.blogspot.com/