Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Serpentine


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's "can't-wait-to-read" is:

title: serpentine
author: cindy pon
book birthday: september 8, 2015

blurb from goodreads:
SERPENTINE is a sweeping fantasy set in the ancient Kingdom of Xia and inspired by the rich history of Chinese mythology.

Lush with details from Chinese folklore, SERPENTINE tells the coming of age story of Skybright, a young girl who worries about her growing otherness. As she turns sixteen, Skybright notices troubling changes. By day, she is a companion and handmaid to the youngest daughter of a very wealthy family. But nighttime brings with it a darkness that not even daybreak can quell. 

When her plight can no longer be denied, Skybright learns that despite a dark destiny, she must struggle to retain her sense of self – even as she falls in love for the first time.


ok, I am totally freaking out! I have read Cindy Pon's other books in the Kindom of Xia series (see my review here)  and I 'm looking forward to this addition ^_^ It may be a stand alone novel, but if it's set in the same world as the others I'm all for the adventure. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover. Sounds interesting too. I kind of hope it is a stand alone because then I might be more apt to read it - I have too many series going as it is. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo this sounds really good! Might just look into this one.... Great pick!
    My WoW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-whole-new-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! It is a really great cover

    ReplyDelete