Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read


Top Ten Tuesday again hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today is: Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read. OMGSH I am so pumped for this topic! I LOVE fairytale retellings. I have a never ending TBR list of them and I have read so many, so for the purpose of this post I'm going to list 5 I have read and 5 I want to read.

5 retellings I HAVE read: 

1. Fairytale Retellings series by Jackson Pearce
    Sisters Red (red riding hood)
    Sweetly (hansel and gretel)
    Fathomless (the little mermaid)
    Cold Spell (the snow queen)

2. Entwined by Heather Dixon (the twelve dancing princesses)

3. A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (sleeping beauty)

4. Beast by Donna Jo Napoli (beauty and the beast)

5. East by Edith Pattou (east of the sun and west of the moon)

5 retellings I WANT to read: 

1. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (red riding hood)
I read Cruel Beauty and loved it. While this one may not be in the same world as Cruel Beauty, I am curious to see how the author retells another fairytale.

2. The Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey (mulan)
Ok, so this one may not really be a fairytale, it's an epic poem. Mulan is such a mysterious character to me and I want to know more about her.

3. Towering by Alex Flinn (rapunzel)

4. Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli (the little mermaid)

5. Tales of Beauty and Madness series by Lili St. Crow
    Nameless (snow white)
    Wayfarer (cinderella)
    Kin (red riding hood)
So, I read Nameless and really liked it. I want to continue the series to read other characters' stories.

6. Winterspell by Claire Legrand (the nutcracker)
Again, not really a fairytale but still an epic fantasy.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list! I am especially interested in the Little Mermaid options! Here is my TTT: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/best-current-and-anticipated-fairy-tale-retellings/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crimson Bound was great as were the Tales of Beauty and Madness
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-fairy-tale.html

    ReplyDelete