Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Tell the Wind and Fire

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's "can't-wait-to-read" is:

title: tell the wind and fire
author: sarah rees brennan
book birthday: april 5, 2016

blurb from goodreads:
Tell the Wind & Fire is about a young girl called Lucie who lives in a New York very different from the New York we know: the city is torn between two very different kinds of magic, and Lucie’s own family was torn apart years ago by that conflict. Lucie wears magic rings and carries a burden of guilt she can’t share with anyone.

The light in her life is her sweetheart boyfriend Ethan, but it turns out Ethan has a secret too: a soulless doppelganger created by dark magic, who has to conceal the face identical to Ethan’s with a hood fastened by a collar nobody but a Light magician with magical rings can take off… and who introduces himself to both of them by, for reasons nobody can understand, saving Ethan’s life…

Tell the Wind and Fire is a retelling of the novel A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens


3 comments:

  1. This was my pick a few weeks ago, and now it has a different cover, one I like better. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover and now that I read the synopsis, it sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I head the author before, but haven't read her yet. Anyway, this sounds AWESOME!! I'm adding it to my tbr, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete