Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Top Ten Bookish Things I Have Stopped/Want to Stop

TTT again hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Today is: Top ten bookish things I have stopped or want to stop.

Have Stopped:

1. Forcing myself to finish books I'm not enjoying.
Yea, this one took me a while. I used to skip to the end to see if I would be impressed. Sometimes reading the ending worked and I would be like "Oh crap! How did they get there?!" and I would finish reading. That hasn't happened so much lately. I think I just don't have the time or the patience.

2. Not reading the classics
I've kind of given up on this one.

3. Trying to finish a series when I've lost interest
Again, I think I just don't have the time or the patience and I want to read something that will keep me awake on the train.

4. Reading books because they're popular in the YA community.
I've decided if a book doesn't catch my interest then I won't read it until I'm ready instead of jumping on the bandwagon and reading it on it's book birthday.

Want to stop:

5. Adding books to my TBR list that I know I'll never read.
Like the Game of Thrones series...

6. Caring what people think of my blog posts or of what I'm reading.
I like fantasy, a lot. I also like cheesy romances once in a while.

7. Putting books on hold from the library that I have to wait more than  a month for and when I'm finally able to read them I've lost interest.
Yea, not sure if this one will stop. It's going to be a hard one to break.

8. Buying physical books
I will NEVER stop, but I know it annoys my husband because he says we don't have the space so I have thought of stopping once or twice.

1 comment:

  1. #1 & #3 are both ones I wish I could quit!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete