1. My students' book reviews.... It's not that they're terrible. It's more that they just struggle with forming their own opinions. It kinda sucks because I've recently taken a position working with a different set of kids so I won't be here with those students to really water the seed I've planted. I can only hope that they continue to use the template we started with (if you are a teacher, here are the links from readwritethink.org: book review template 1, book review template 2).
2. My class library. Because I've taken the new position at a different site, I don't know what will happen to my class library. I'm sharing my classroom at the new site. I had been keeping my personal YA and middle grade novels in the classroom but there's no room to keep them in this new classroom. Looks like I will have to donate more and keep my favorites for Baby Jay.
3. My husband is getting on my nerves. Just get me my second bookcase and our storage problems will be solved -_-
4. Storage space for Baby Jay. New apartment, still unpacking and rearranging things. My sister is staying in the second bedroom that Baby Jay was supposed to have so all of his stuff is in the living room. I saw this wonderful shelving unit for toy and book storage, it's just a matter of getting it...
5. Reading for reviews. So, I've started this challenge thing with goodreads.com to read 30 books this year. I want to write more book reviews, I really do. But with work, baby jay, husband, and grad school... it gets to be overwhelming and I find myself watching k-dramas during my downtime instead of reading books. Maybe I'm having trouble choosing a book to read because I find myself standing and staring at my bookcase for a book to read or browsing the library website or netgalley or edelweiss for a new book, and by the time I think I've found one I have to go be a mom or I realize there's some assignment I have to do. So I binge watch watch k-dramas. I find a drama I like that is 20 episodes, each episode is an hour long and each month I watch one or two k-dramas. I do miss the feeling of losing myself in a good book.
So yea. Right now I'm kinda avoiding doing work while Baby Jay is sitting here next to me watching Thomas the Tank Engine. I will cuddle with my cuddle-bug and deal with everything else tomorrow.