Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

TTT again. This week's topic: My Spring TBR list. I've been looking for more fantasy lately so most of my TBR list is in the fantasy YA group. I've also been looking for some POC books and there a few that have come out or are coming out this year. It's very exciting ^_^

252036752368879225175898
 2715232624934065

1. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. Middle Eastern sharp shooting Amani escapes with a foreign fugitive. Sounds good to me.
2. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. Inspired by Indian mythology and an arranged marriage that takes a different turn.
3. Wendy Darling:Stars by Colleen Oakes. Ok, I am totally judging this one by it's beautiful cover, and also the Peter Pan connection.
4. Sparked by Sheena Snow. I usually read one or two futuristic novels a year. This is definitely going to be one of them.
5. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker. "Jane Austen meets X-Men in this gripping and adventure-filled paranormal romance set in Victorian London." Need I say more?

 94096141846970521936937
2101815425810644
6. The Enchanter Heir and 7. The Sorcerer Heir Cinda Williams Chima. I read the first three novels in this series way back when and I've been putting off continuing the series. But I do want to read the Seven Realms novels very much so I might read The Demon King instead.
8. Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira. This is the only realistic fiction on my list because the book blurb seems really interesting and what bookish person hasn't taken romantic advice from the characters they've read about.
9. A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry. The backdrop of this novel is Puerto Rico and the main character is mixed race. There's also a legend that ties into a magic world of a girl that has a fatal touch.
10. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman. Blackbeard origin story. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this one and I really want to read it myself to see what all the buzz is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment