Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Facts About Me

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

TTT again. Today is 10 random facts about me

1. I am currently working on the exams to become fully certified. Long story short, I completed all of the exams before I had Baby Jay. After Baby Jay was born and I went back to work, I was informed that all of the exams had changed and I had to retake everything. I'm almost done though. Please excuse the lack of posts until then.

2. I work with a D75 school in the Bronx. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a school for kids with severe disabilities. The program I work for has a partnership with a general education high school in which kids with severe autism and other disabilities can take classes with general ed students and get a high school diploma. Some go on to college and some go to trade schools. I love working there. There are hard days, of course, but the good out weighs the bad.

3. I was reading YA fiction way before I became a teacher, though right now being a teacher motivates me to read YA. I like keeping up with what my students are reading and recommending them new titles.

4. The most read books on my shelf are: Blood and Chocolate, East, and The Night Circus.

5. I have converted to e-books. I only buy books I can't live without. I never thought that I'd be an e-book person but sometimes if it's not on my phone, I don't read it.

6. I absolutely LOVE k-dramas and k-pop. I got into it when I had Baby Jay and I wasn't reading as much. 

7. My family likes to go to anime conventions. When I was pregnant, I couldn't find a cosplay costume, so I wore this:

8. I was an art major in high school and I minored in it in college. I don't have much time to paint these days, but I draw with Baby Jay almost every day.

9. I prefer a stand alone novel over a series.

10. Baby Jay and I will be taking our first trip to a Barnes and Noble together this week ^_^

5 comments:

  1. I've had The Night Circus in my TBR for longer than I can recall... I keep hearing how good it is, now I just need to read this book!

    I like the t-shirt you have that you wore while pregnant!! I've never been to a cosplay convention.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-ten-facts-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower - please come by my blog and talk k-pop and k-dramas with me (my love for them is actually on my list this week as well!)

    Here's my top ten :)
    And here is my blogoversary giveaway as well! Help me celebrate six years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Yes, I would love to talk k-dramas 😄

      Delete
  3. Wow, this will be your first trip to a Barnes & Noble?! You'll love it! The only B&N around my area closed a few years back. I'm still sad about it lol.

    I've been told I need to read The Night Circus. Sounds like a great one! Love that you like to recommend your students new titles, also. :)

    Great list of facts, Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for stopping by! It wasn't my first trip, I actually used to work there. It was my son's first time and I was so happy to finally share it with him ^_^

      You must read the Night Circus. It's one of those comfort books for me that I go back to on a rainy day.

      Delete