Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
TTT again. Today is 10 random facts about me
1. I am currently working on the exams to become fully certified. Long story short, I completed all of the exams before I had Baby Jay. After Baby Jay was born and I went back to work, I was informed that all of the exams had changed and I had to retake everything. I'm almost done though. Please excuse the lack of posts until then.
2. I work with a D75 school in the Bronx. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a school for kids with severe disabilities. The program I work for has a partnership with a general education high school in which kids with severe autism and other disabilities can take classes with general ed students and get a high school diploma. Some go on to college and some go to trade schools. I love working there. There are hard days, of course, but the good out weighs the bad.
3. I was reading YA fiction way before I became a teacher, though right now being a teacher motivates me to read YA. I like keeping up with what my students are reading and recommending them new titles.
4. The most read books on my shelf are: Blood and Chocolate, East, and The Night Circus.
5. I have converted to e-books. I only buy books I can't live without. I never thought that I'd be an e-book person but sometimes if it's not on my phone, I don't read it.
6. I absolutely LOVE k-dramas and k-pop. I got into it when I had Baby Jay and I wasn't reading as much.
7. My family likes to go to anime conventions. When I was pregnant, I couldn't find a cosplay costume, so I wore this:
8. I was an art major in high school and I minored in it in college. I don't have much time to paint these days, but I draw with Baby Jay almost every day.
9. I prefer a stand alone novel over a series.
10. Baby Jay and I will be taking our first trip to a Barnes and Noble together this week ^_^