Tuesday, September 20, 2016

K-Drama Review: The Heirs

Title: Heirs
genre: romance
original run: October 9- December 12, 2013
network: SBS
number of episodes: 20
my rating: 4 stars

synopsis from dramafever.com
A worthy successor to the international hit Boys Over Flowers, Heirs follows a group of privileged, elite high school students as they are groomed to take over their families' business empires. These wealthy students seem to have everything under control–except their love lives. Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) is heir to the Empire Group sent to study abroad in the U.S. In reality it's a form of exile, as his elder half-brother back home (Choi Jin Hyuk) schemes to take over the family business. While in the States, Kim Tan bumps into Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), who's arrived from Korea in search of her older sister. He feels himself falling for her, never realizing that she's the daughter of his family's housekeeper. When his fiancĂ©e Rachel Yoo (Kim Ji Won) arrives to bring him back to Korea, his heart is torn between love and duty. Meanwhile, Rachel's half-brother Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) develops his own crush on Eun Sang. Who said being a rich, beautiful high school student was easy?

What I liked:
Park Shin Hye- I only added this drama to my "Must Watch" list because of her. I like her acting very much.

Kim Woo Bin- Loved him in this drama. Idk why, but he's always been kind of eh for me, but he shined in Heirs.

The romantic scenes. I wish there were more. The chemistry between Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho was great. Also Kim Woo Bin had good chemistry with Park Shin Hye. Overall, great main cast, but we knew that already.

Eun Sang's mom. OMGSH she was great. I loved her relationship with Kim Tan's mom and how it grew as the drama progressed. She was essential to the way the plot line moved forward. Thank goodness for her.

What I didn't like:

The ending. What was with that ending?! It took me a while to realize that the drama was in it's final few minutes and I was so disappointed.

The American actors. No just no. It was so bad. There are no other words to describe the acting except that it was seriously just bad. So so bad.

The teen angst. Um... yeah. I found myself skipping a lot of the talking and I still understood what was happening with the plot.

This drama scored 4 out of 5 for me because I felt like it moved kind of slow and had a lot of teen angst for me. The lifestyles of the rich and all of their problems with how to keep their money. I definitely recommend this drama to fans of Boys Over Flowers for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment