Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But Will TOTALLY Try To)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Tuesday again. This week is: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But Will TOTALLY Try To). I have a never ending TBR list and it's hard to read hard copies with my rambunctious toddler and with work, but I will definitely try.

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake- I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood. I was going to read this one because of the author. I've seen on goodreads that it has mixed reviews, so this one I might get from the library first before purchasing.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer- I need this book in my life. I have not read it yet but I adore Marissa Meyer and stand alone novels. I NEED this one.

The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins- I started reading this in December and put it down to start Crimson Bound. I went back to kind of reading it this week but I'm having trouble getting through it. It might end up on my DNF list... we'll see.

Beast by Brie Spangler- Such an interesting take on Beauty and the Beast. I'm going to end up purchasing this to read and then to add to my classroom library.

Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge- Definitely judging a book by it's cover on this one. It's so pretty!

Orange the Complete Collection Volumes 1 and 2 by Ichigo Takano- I've heard great things about this series and recently found out that it was nominated for best graphic novel on goodreads.

Adulthood Is A Myth by Sarah Anderson- This was recommended to me by a coworker because of the memes on facebook. Seems like it will be a fun addition to my library.

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton- I was drawn to this for the description of the main character and the mention of a foreigner love interest.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir- "It is in this brutal world inspired by ancient Rome..." that got me right there.


1 comment:

  1. Rebel of The Sands was amazing and Heartless was really enjoyable so I hope you like them both as much as I did!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-91/

    ReplyDelete