Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Top Ten YA Romances I Surprisingly Enjoyed

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

TTT again! This week is a romance freebie. My list is the romance fiction I read that I didn't think I would like, but I found them to be guilty pleasures.

1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 
Okay, this one caught me off guard. I usually can't stand insta-love but I picked this one up because the whole premise was based on insta-love. I really liked it. It was one of those easy going reads that I needed after a long day at work. I also liked The Geography of You and Me.

2. When It Happens by Susanne Colasanti
This was given to me by my bbf (best bookish friend) and I took a chance on it. At the time, I wasn't really into contemporary YA but this definitely changed my mind.

3. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl 
I read this one while working at Barnes and Noble. Again, this was based on a recommendation from a friend. I was afraid to get into it because of the fanbase. I liked the first book, but while I loved the story, the ending was kind of like "Oh come on, there's more?" instead of "I need to know what happens next!" so I haven't continued the series.

4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Definitely a guilty pleasure. I still go back and read this when I need a mindless read to feel better. To me this is one of those silly romances that you either like it or hate it. In my case I liked it.

5. Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles
Another one I read because my bbf recommended it to me. I usually don't like urban fiction but she insisted. I surprisingly enjoyed this series. It's not one I keep on my shelf but I have it in my classroom.

6. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 
I don't typically like books that take place in the future. Futuristic worlds are a turn off for me. But I had to read this series because of the fairy-tale references. And of course I LOVED it and fell into the fandom ^_^


1 comment:

  1. I love it when someone recommends a book I think I'm not going to like, and I read it to please them and it turns out to be great. It's how I discovered some great authors, e.g. Georgette Heyer and Jeanette Winterson.

    ReplyDelete